- Working for intric@
- Currently working on a project building a custom theme using opencart for a small business, view at opencart.kholwadia.co.uk/opencart/.
- Volunteered and gave classes to year 5 students at Grazebrook Primary school as part of Work Week “Inspire and be Inspired” Parent Carer Programme.
- Volunteered for Southern Housing Group, I completed supporting enhancements for two WordPress sites for The Boiler House (social enterprise) and The Myddleton Grange Community Space. The aim of the project was to improve the sites by making them: more user friendly; engaging; tweaking design to connect the two sites visually; and make use of appropriate technology to provide information more appropriately such as the events available.
- Completed a replacement of an HTML/CSS site to WordPress for Daughter ARISE.
- Available for volunteer work on short term projects in the Yorkshire area.
Summary: Farook Kholwadia, web developer
Currently working as a Web Developer for intric@. Before this, until the end of 2015, I worked as a web developer for HMRC primarily on the intranet which has an internal audience of over 72,000. In the last year, supported the replacement of an old HTML/CSS legacy site with a Drupal based content management sytem. My most recent external work was developing mini sites on our HMRC Digital pilots area.
In my spare time, which is very limited thanks to the demands of two kids, I create small, bespoke websites for the small business / sole trader / charities. Sites are WordPress or using HTML, CSS, with usability and accessibility in mind. Image optimisation, domain name and hosting and SEO all thrown in if needed.
“How I rate myself with my top ten skills and expertise”
- Web developing
- Web design
- Content Management Systems
Just joined up with WordPress Leeds, a Local WordPress usergroup for Leeds and the surrounding area. Down for my first meeting and going with high hopes of learning new and wonderous things!
May mean, WordPress, currently number four in the list, moves up and up and up!
Foundation degree, Web Technologies.Areas of study:
- Introduction to Web Authoring using XHTML and CSS
- Web Authoring using Dreamweaver
- Database Design using MySQL
- Developing Multimedia Assets using Fireworks and Flash
- Multimedia Web Programming using Flash and ActionScript
- E-Commerce Applications
- Introduction to Computer Systems
- Mathematics for Computing
- Introduction to Programming
- Software and Programming
- Information Systems Concepts
- Information Systems Management
- Work related Project